Enfield Borough will play the biggest game in their young history on Saturday when they face Berkhamsted in the second round of the FA Vase at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium.

The Spartan South Midlands League Division One side, who entered the Vase for the first time this season having only been formed in the summer of 2016, have knocked out Canning Town 4-2, Woodbridge Town 6-2 and completed an extra-time 4-2 victory over Newmarket Town in the last round.

Although Borough are currently third in Division One, this will be their toughest test yet as they face a Berkhamsted side four points clear at the top of the South Midlands Premier Division and undefeated after 14 league matches.

Saturday’s game kicks off at 3pm and admission is £5 for adults and £3 concessions.

Borough warmed up for the tie by earning a comprehensive 6-1 victory at lowly St Neots Town Reserves on Saturday.

The visitors made two changes from the side that lost to Broadfields United in their previous game – Richard Ennin and Thomas Opoku replacing Henderson Browne and Solomon Nwabuokei – and the move was quickly vindicated.

Borough took the lead in the ninth minute when Ennin’s cross took a deflection off a defender and Opoku was able to stretch out a leg to toe-poke the ball into the net.

The advantage was to be quickly doubled with the goal of the game as after an Ennin attack on the right had led to a corner, Jamiah Plentie-Lawrence’s ball to the edge of the penalty area where Sivi Bao met it first time on the half-volley to fire past the keeper.

Enfield were threatening to run riot as two rapidly became three when Tage Kennedy netted from an acute angle after the ball squirmed loose from the keeper’s grasp after he had slid out to try and collect a through pass.

A frantic spell of four goals in seven minutes was concluded when Opoku netted his second, heading home a Bruno Tavares cross.

With the game effectively won inside the opening 20 minutes, Enfield’s intensity dropped.

But the visitors did score their fifth shortly before the interval when Tavares outpaced his marker to reach a through ball and cut it back for Kennedy, who scored via the head of a defender on the line.

Marvin Walker’s men scored what was to be their final goal four minutes after the restart when Ennin headed home Plentie-Lawrence’s flighted free-kick.

Some of the gloss was taken off the win when Opoku was sent off in the 70th minute for an elbow, and three minutes later St Neots scored their consolation from a penalty following some slack play by the visitors and a lunging challenge from Alfie Hatch.