Enfield Town sailed through to the First Round Proper of the FA Trophy with a punishing 8-1 victory over Ramsgate, giving them something of a true Halloween nightmare.

Goals from Lyle Della-Verde, Neville Nzembela and a Billy Bricknell brace had Town four to the good and more or less completely out of sight before the break.

However, there was no let up after half-time and Bricknell completed his hat-trick and Della-Verde grabbed a second, with Josh Urquhart and Lewis Taaffe also contributing to double the tally in the second-half.

Joshua Ajayi’s goal for the visitors at least gave them a modicum of consolation, but ultimately they were little more than whipping boys for Enfield, whose superiority was on display right from the off.

Della-Verde’s angled drive after a move down the hosts’ left had Town ahead after just five minutes.

Nzembela doubled Enfield’s lead shortly after, although he could have done it earlier when he blazed over the crossbar from an advantageous position.

Bricknell made it three after the half-hour mark with the first of his hat-trick. Della-Verde turned provider for the striker, who buried a low right-foot shot past Jacob Russell.

After Della-Verde had fired just off target, Enfield picked up a fourth with Bricknell getting his second of the match.

The forward controlled the ball in the inside left position, and squeezed a shot past Russell’s left to send them in at the break with a commanding advantage.

Things for worse for Ramsgate almost immediately after the restart, with Della-Verde’s shot deflecting off Ben Wilson and creeping over the line.

The goal looked at risk of being chalked out when one of the referee’s assistants raised their flag, but a quick consultation with referee Ivan Gelov saw it awarded.

Ajayi headed in shortly after to reduce the deficit for the Rams, when he latched onto Tom Chapman’s delivery.

However, there was still time for Enfield to add three more, the first of which came with eight minutes remaining on the clock.

Substitute Jared Small crossed from the right and Urquhart provided the finish.

The rout continued with Taaffe, whose chipped effort was floated just beyond the reach of the advancing Russell, who got fingertips to the ball, but was unable to prevent it nestling in the back of his net.

The scoring was completed with Bricknell finishing from the spot to claim the match ball for himself.

Nzembela was felled in the area in stoppage time and the striker stepped up to put the finishing touches on a memorable day for Enfield.

Town will now play Maldon & Tiptree at home in the trophy's First Round Proper, in a repeat of last season’s pairing in the same competition, at the Third Qualifying Round stage.