Enfield Borough broke a club record with 10-0 thumping of Hillingdon Borough on Saturday.

The result was Enfield’s biggest ever victory, while Bruno Tavares’s five goals equalled the highest number in a game by a single player.

The scoring started after eight minutes when Tavares won possession in midfield and Alassana Queta played the ball out to Blessing Tshibikubla. His centre was heading for the unmarked Carlito Montana until Hillingdon right-back Mohammed Al-Ansare intercepted but diverted the ball into his own net.

Hillingdon were creating their own problems and obliged with a second own-goal to double Enfield’s advantage, this time Jean Paul Antwi’s cross was put into his own net by Rafiq Bettamer.

Hillingdon goalkeeper Samuel Wheeler was beaten for a third time on 40 minutes after yet more accommodating defending when Micah Jackson’s shot was handled by Bettamer in the box. Tavares converted from the penalty spot before rounding Wheeler on the stroke of half-time to make it 4-0 at the break.

A fifth came swiftly after the restart with Dawid Nikolaj winning possession in midfield and playing the ball forward to Tshibikubla who weaved his way into the area and converted emphatically.

Five soon became six after Queta threaded a pass through to Montana who beat Wheeler at his near post to register his first goal for the club.

A rare moment of action at the other end saw Rinidie Lokilo bundled over in the penalty area, only for Dragos Stefanoaica to deny Jack Bustard from the spot.

With fifteen minutes remaining Tavares completed his hat trick when Montana found him on the edge of the penalty area and he drove the ball home low to Wheeler’s right, cueing something of a free for all to see who could score next.

After Montana had a shot scrambled away off the line, Tavares took responsibility for the scoring and again scored a penalty after Brodie Couzins was tripped inside the penalty area.

The onslaught continued and on eighty-seven minutes Tavares was felled for the fourth penalty of the afternoon. Montana was handed the responsibility and he scored with ease. The final goal in stoppage time summed up the respective team’s luck on the day. Queta and Tavares collided going for the same ball leaving the latter prone and out of position. Tavares had just regained his footing when the ball landed at his feet and he sprinted into the box past Bettamer before poking it under Wheeler.