A dominant 3-0 win against league high-flyers Winslow United saw Enfield Borough ease into the semi-finals of the Spartan South Midlands League Division One Cup.

Goals from Richard Ennin, Hamza Semakula and Issa Sidibe secured Borough’s passage through to the last four, where they will host league leaders St Panteleimon.

The hosts made five changes from the side that were beaten 1-0 by Ampthill Town in their last league outing, with Kacper Wojcik, Jan Yildiz, Elliot Harris, Malachi Peynado-Peart, Blessing Tshibikubla and Benjamin Tamayo coming in for Jamil Shallo, Kemai Wright, Ade Wale, Kai Peters, Ruben Carvalho and Sidibe.

As they have on multiple occasions this season, Borough started the game slowly and Winslow should really have gone ahead, but Daniel Parsons was off target from Harry Dalton’s cross.

From that moment on, though, Enfield took control of the game and there were only eight minutes on the clock when they opened the scoring.

Gideon Sarpong picked out Ennin with a precise through ball and he dinked the ball over the onrushing Michael Chalmers.

The Winslow stopper almost gifted Enfield a second when his loose pass was cut out by Tshibikubla, but luckily for him the resulting effort was straight at him.

Winslow’s sloppiness in defence was compounded when Ennin beat Chalmers to a loose ball and rounded the keeper, but as he was about to roll home he was brought down by Paul Brown, who was shown a straight red.

Borough made use of the numerical advantage within just five minutes of the dismissal. Sarpong was the provider again, this time lofting the ball over for Semakula to bring down and curl into the far corner.

The home side were forced into a change at the break as Sidibe came on for the injured Ennin, but the substitute made the desired impact in the second half as he tapped into an empty net after Chalmers failed to hold Harris’ effort.

Borough’s semi-final tie against St Panteleimon will be held on Tuesday, March 3, while their next game comes tonight at home to Pitshanger Dynamo in the Middlesex Premier Cup.