Enfield Town enjoyed a successful Easter weekend, recording back-to-back 3-1 wins against Harlow Town and Potters Bar Town respectively in the Bostik League Premier Division.

Goals from Kezie Ibe, Sam Youngs and Bilal Sayoud gave the home side a relatively easy win in Monday’s fixture against Potters Bar, with Josh Hutchinson’s goal the only sour note from the game.

Barely four minutes were on the clock when Josh Davison knocked down into the path of Ibe, who slotted home from close range to open the scoring.

Chances followed from Aaron Greene and Youngs in a blistering start for Town and, after 14 minutes, the pair combined to double the advantage – Greene crossing from the left to give Youngs a simple header.

The visitors got their first site of goal soon after in an attempt to recover from the setback, but Matt Nolan was more than equal to Bradley Sach’s effort.

Potters Bar did find a way back into the game in the 32nd minute, however, as the Enfield defence backed off Hutchinson’s run forward and allowed him to fire in to cut the lead just before the break.

The second half, in terms of chances, was completely dominated by the Towners, and they should have restored their two-goal lead when Marc Weatherstone met a corner but could only head over.

They carried on pushing for a third though, and were finally rewarded in stoppage time when Sayoud picked up the ball in the middle of the park, moved out to the left and saw his floated cross go all the way in at the far post to seal the win and the points.

Against Harlow earlier in the weekend, Kezie Ibe gave Town a first-half lead, but Matt Foy’s strike gave Harlow a glimmer of hope that they could miraculously avoid the drop.

That hope faded in the last minute though as they were sunk by two late, quickfire goals from Matt Johnson and Josh Davison.

Enfield caught the eye with a number of promising moves in the opening minutes, but most petered out into nothing. The best of the efforts was when Lewis Taaffe collected the ball on the right and cut inside, but his shot was blocked by Taylor Hastings.

Despite the early chances for Town, they, along with Harlow, were squandering possession too easily, which meant the game’s first goal game somewhat out of the blue.

Davison received the ball on the right and played in Ibe, and he calmly flicked the ball over Bexon to score via the woodwork and hand Enfield the advantage.

The home side knew that a loss would confirm their relegation from the Premier Division, so they came out firing in the second half and came close when Scott Davies whipped in a free-kick that somehow managed to evade everybody.

The visitors thought they had doubled their advantage through Davison, but he was ruled offside, and that came back to bite Town as Harlow then deservedly levelled proceedings when a long ball forward bounced between Weatherstone and Nolan, which allowed Foy to dart between them and supply a cool finish.

Hitchcock was then denied the chance to put Harlow ahead as his effort was cleared by Jay Porter just in the nock of time, and Porter then created a chance of his own at the other end, but his low cross went all the way through and out of play.

To then make matters worse for the hosts, Johnson curled in a brilliant goal from the left side of the box to effectively hand Enfield all three points.

As if to rub salt into the wounds, Enfield added a third only a minute later when Davison fired through the crowd and into the bottom corner to seal the win.