Enfield Borough were back on the goal trail on Saturday as they beat a spirited Codicote team 6-3 at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.

The performance was not one of Borough’s best and for a while in the second half it looked like the result could have gone in favour of the visitors, but Enfield were to get to grips with the game and made sure of another three points to leave them fourth in South Midlands League Division One.

Manager Shaun Reece had mixed feelings about the performance and said: “It was nice to be amongst the goals again. In recent matches we have not converted enough of our chances, so scoring six was good.

"Defensively we still have issues and the problem is that we don’t concede the same sort of goal all the time.

"If there was one specific aspect that caused us problems we could concentrate on eliminating that, but we let in all different types.

"The way that the team is at present, we are just as likely to score three goals in five minutes as we are to concede them”.

It took only five minutes for the hosts to make the breakthrough when a seemingly harmless Alie Bangura cross was headed into his own net by Sam Paton.

Borough struggled to build on that but 10 minutes before the break they doubled their advantage when Henderson Browne converted a penalty after Tage Kennedy had been tripped in the box.

Browne repeated the spot-kick trick three minutes before the break, this time after Bangura had been fouled by Codicote keeper Brad Heaps.

Despite leading 3-0, Enfield had not played well and Codicote were to find a route back into the game 10 minutes after the interval when Rob Bennett headed home from a corner.

Two minutes later Borough’s advantage was reduced to one goal when Bennett’s ambitious effort from 35 yards flew into the top corner of Curtis Jackson’s net.

The outcome was back in the balance but after further opportunities for both sides, Enfield increased their advantage with 20 minutes to go when Kennedy netted his 18th goal of the season from a Bangura through ball.

Enfield looked to turn the screw and they made it 5-2 after 75 minutes when Bangura tapped home after Heaps had reacted well to parry Jamiah Lawrence-Plentie’s shot.

Their advantage was immediately reduced to two goals when Marc Arnott prodded past Jackson, but Borough were to complete the scoring eight minutes from time as Bilal Sesay netted from close range from a Kennedy cross.