A place in the last four of the Velocity Trophy is Enfield Town’s target tonight as they travelled to Metropolitan Police seeking to end a run of five games without a win.

Following Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Needham Market, Andy Leese has strengthened his squad with the signing of striker Brad Wadkins and midfielder Tyler Campbell, both of whom are available to feature at Imber Court.

Wadkins joined Slough Town from Chesham United in June 2017, having played for Hendon, St Albans City and Aylesbury among other clubs, and the 24-year-old has been in the Towners manager’s sights for some time.

“He is a player we know well, and one who we tried to sign last summer,” Leese told the club website. “I have worked with Brad before and feel he is what we need at present and looking forward to add some quality and goals to the team. He is a presence, technically good, quick, with an eye for all types of goal.

“Brad has missed a part of the season with injury but he’s raring to go and I am sure his all-action style will endear him to the fans. Many thanks to Slough Town for their co-operation in making Brad available.”

Campbell needs no introduction to Enfield fans and returns to the club on a dual registration from Hemel Hempstead Town.

He last turned out in a Towners shirt at Dulwich Hamlet on April 27 and will be looking to add to the 266 appearances he has made for the club to date.

Leese said: “We did not want to lose him (Campbell) last summer but he wanted to play at a higher standard which we respected.

“Tyler needs games now and, like Brad Wadkins, is keen to get going in a Town shirt. Thanks to Hemel for allowing us to get the signing done.”

Town got off to a bad start on Saturday, conceding after just 12 minutes when the unmarked Adam Mills headed home an inswinging corner at the near post.

It was to get worse for the home side seven minutes later when Joe Wright brought down Mills for a clear penalty, but the referee also decided to send the Enfield keeper off.

Centre-half Mat Mitchel-King took over between the posts but he was sent the wrong way by Dan Morphew’s spot-kick.

Town did well to protect their stand-in keeper for the remainder of the half and created some opportunities at the other end through shots from Sam Youngs and Mario Noto, while Simon Thomas and Mark Kirby were also not far away with headers.

Mitchel-King was able to keep his personal clean sheet as Needham opted to largely protect what they had after the break, encountering relatively few anxious moments.