A man has been arrested after the fatal stabbing of Okechukwu Iweha close to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Police confirmed today (April 10) that they have arrested a 33-year-old man on suspicion of murder and that he remains in custody at this time.

It comes three days after 46-year-old Okechukwu Iweha was found unresponsive in Northumberland Park just before 6am.

Paramedics carried out CPR but Okechukwu, who was suffering from a number of stab injuries, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Metropolitan Police have said his family is being supported by specialist officers and that a post-mortem examination will take place later this afternoon.

Detectives have reiterated their call for witnesses to come forward.

Enfield Independent: A crime scene in Northumberland Park after the stabbingA crime scene in Northumberland Park after the stabbing (Image: Caroline Prichard)

Detective Chief Inspector Neil John, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are working hard to build a timeframe to establish what has happened.

“Were you woken up by a disturbance, or did you see anyone running from the area?

“I would ask that you check any private CCTV or dash cam footage to see whether you captured anything that might assist us.”

Chief Superintendent Caroline Haines, who is in charge of policing in Haringey, added that her thoughts remain with Okechukwu’s family.

She said: "I would like to reassure the local community that we are working around the clock to assist specialist detectives with their investigation.

"We are grateful to residents for their patience and understanding while we go about this crucial work.

“The crime scenes and forensic work will have caused disruption but it is imperative that we gather any evidence that might prove vital in leading to an arrest.”

To share helpful information or material with police, call 101 or post @MetCC quoting reference CAD 1387/07Apr.

To remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.