A 16-year-old boy has been found guilty of stabbing Ali Baygören to death outside his home in Tottenham.

The youth, who cannot be identified because of his age, stabbed 17-year-old Ali Baygören twice in the neck in the stairwell in Orchard Place on June 18 last year.

He was arrested at his home later the same day and spots of Ali’s blood were found on his hoodie, the Old Bailey heard.

Ten months before he murdered Ali, the boy had been arrested and released on bail in relation to another knife attack in Chadwell Heath, east London, on August 6, 2021.

When the defendant was 14 he lived in a care home where he had an argument with another 14-year-old who he thought had stolen his lighter. 

He called the boy a liar and started poking his leg with a knife, causing him to bleed, prosecutor James Dawes said. 

The boy later spoke to a member of staff and the defendant believed he was ‘snitching’. 

Two days later, on August 6, 2021, the pair arranged to meet at Chadwell Heath.

Jurors heard that they entered a concrete stairwell at a building near the station where without warning the defendant stabbed the boy with a knife which had a Spiderman design on it. 

He was stabbed twice in the lower chest, the first blow scraped him but did not enter his body but the second entered his chest. 

Mr Dawes said the defendant then fled, leaving the knife in the boy’s chest. 

The boy managed to stagger outside to get help, the court heard. While waiting for an ambulance, the boy said: “I can’t breathe, I’m gonna die.” 

The boy identified the defendant as his attacker telling police “he tried to kill me”, Mr Dawes said. 

The 14-year-old survived the stabbing but has suffered health consequences and is significantly traumatised. 

The defendant was arrested and bailed for that attack.

The following year when the defendant was 15 and still on bail, he stabbed Ali twice in the neck outside his home. Ali was pronounced dead at the scene. 

Giving evidence, the defendant denied murder and claimed he acted in self defence.

A jury at the Old Bailey deliberated for 20 hours to find the youth guilty by a majority of 10 to two of murder and having an article with a blade or point.

In relation to the earlier knife attack, he was found guilty unanimously to wounding with intent, theft and having an article with a blade or point.

He was cleared of a further charge of having a second knife during the incident.

The defendant was remanded into custody to be sentenced on June 23.