Firefighters saved a dog from a blaze caused by a washing machine.

Two fire engines and around ten firefighters were called to house fire in Pembroke Avenue, Enfield, on April 18 at 10.54am.

They had the blaze under control in 20 minutes.

Half of the ground floor of a two-storey semi-detached house was damaged by the fire, London Fire Brigade said.

Two people left the property before fire crews arrived and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a dog.

There were no injuries reported.

The fire was under control at 11.14pm.

It is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a washing machine, they added.

Crews from Enfield fire station attended the scene.