Fire crews battled for more than an hour to subdue a maisonette fire caused by 'misused' butane gas in Tottenham.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire in Albert Road at 4.01pm on Wednesday, October 4.

Half of the first floor of a split-level maisonette was damaged by fire and a small part of a window on the third floor of the building was also damaged by fire.

One man and a woman left the property before the brigade arrived; the woman was treated on scene by London Ambulance Service Crews.

The brigade’s 999 Control Officers took 11 calls to the blaze.

Fire crews from Tottenham and Stoke Newington fire stations reported the fire under control by 5.19pm.

The cause of the fire is believed to have involved the misuse of butane gas.