Police claim there was “no indication of misconduct” after UK rapper Wretch 32 shares bodycam footage of police raiding his Tottenham home and Tasering his father.

Wretch 32, from Tottenham, said there has been “no progression” against police brutality as he shared the bodycam footage from April 21 on social media shortly before an in-depth interview on ITV News.

The rapper tweeted: “This is how the police think they can treat a 62-year-old black man in Tottenham, but this one happens to be my dad #Nojusticenopeace.”

The footage shows police barging into the home, with a woman pleading that she is “not resisting” but does not want to be touched due to social distancing concerns.

As they push forward the officers go to the stairs and shout “stay where you are” to Wretch 32’s father Millard Scott (off-screen), before near immediately triggering their Taser.

His father collapsed down the stairs, banging his head, with screaming heard in the background.

Speaking to ITV News, Mr Scott said: “The only people who have invaded our space, Metropolitan Police. The only people who seem to ignore all the guidelines put out there, Metropolitan Police.”

He believes this would not have happened had he been a white man.

He added: “It seems to me at this moment in time we are being singled out and targeted.”

Wretch 32 told ITV News: “I’ve grown up in a household with my dad and my uncle and I’ve watched them fight against police brutality my whole life. I’m 35 now and we’re still here again today.

“I now have to have the same conversations that my dad and my uncle and my grandparents and my parents had with me when I was a child, that means there’s no progression.”

Metropolitan Police however describe a different account of events despite the bodycam footage uploaded online.

They confirmed that police attended an address in Bromley Road that day at around 7.40pm, to carry out arrest enquiries as part of a “long running operation to tackle drugs supply linked to serious violence in the Borough of Haringey”.

Metropolitan Police said: A 22-year-old man located inside the address was arrested and later charged with encouraging another to commit an offence under the Serious Crime Act 2007.

A 52-year-old woman was also arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing/resisting a police constable in the execution of duties but was de-arrested at the scene. She was subsequently charged with the offence after being interviewed by police under caution at a later date.

As officers entered the premises, a man came downstairs and started moving towards an officer suddenly. He was ordered to remain where he was but continued towards officers who, after several warnings, deployed a Taser.

The man was not arrested, but was assessed by the London Ambulance Service at the scene. He did not require further medical treatment.

Officers from the North Area Command Unit have liaised with the family to discuss any concerns they have about the incident.

The incident, including body worn footage, has been reviewed by the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and no indication of misconduct has been identified.”

Commander of the North Area Command Unit, Treena Fleming added: “I can understand why any use of Taser can look alarming - that is why it receives heavy scrutiny – which we welcome.

“Met officers are highly trained to engage, explain and try to resolve situations, using force only when absolutely necessary. We examine our processes regularly to ensure Taser is being used in an appropriate manner.

“This incident has been thoroughly reviewed by our professional standards department and no misconduct has been identified. I continue to talk to the family about their concerns."

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan called for an investigation by the police watchdog.

"I have asked the Metropolitan Police for an urgent explanation of this distressing incident which is understandably causing considerable concern," he said.

"It is imperative that the incident is properly investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

"It is absolutely vital that our police service retains the trust of the communities it serves."