Get involved: send your pictures, video & news by texting ENFIELD NEWS to 80360, or upload here
Emmanuel Adebayor has confirmed his intention to remain at Tottenham Hotspur
4:52pm Friday 16th May 2014 in Spurs
Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor has quashed talk he will leave White Hart Lane this summer, but accepts his future will be in the hands of the new manager.
Adebayor, 30, enjoyed a renaissance under Tim Sherwood this season, having previously found himself frozen out of the side by former boss Andre Villas-Boas.
The former Arsenal and Real Madrid striker scored 14 times in 25 appearances in all competitions for Spurs in 2012/13, but had only played once before Villas-Boas was sacked on December 16.
Speaking to the Daily Express, Adebayor confirmed his commitment to Spurs: "I will be a Tottenham player.
"At the moment I have got two years left on my contract. But what happens if I wake up and what has happened to me in the past has happened again?
"What if the chairman called me and if the new manager says about moving me on, what do you want me to do?
"But it is like I said. At the moment I can't consider going anywhere," added Adebayor.
Comments are closed on this article.