Enfield Town moved into the Ryman Premier play-off positions with a hard-fought 4-2 victory over Billericay Town.

The Towners got off to the perfect start as in the second minute Scott Shulton's shot was only parried away by Alan Julian before Harold Joseph swooped to head home from close range.

In the 11th minute, Town missed a good chance to double their lead when Shulton shot straight at the keeper when well placed.

Two minutes later, the home side levelled the scores when Jake Robinson's cross was met at the far post by former Towner Joe Ellul.

Despite Nathan McDonald getting his finger tips to the ball he could not stop it from crossing the line.

Billericay had the ball in the net again but Robinson's close range effort was not given as the assistant referee flagged for offside.

The Blues started to take control in midfield and pushed the Towners further and further back but failed to convert their pressure into goals.

Ellul headed the ball over the bar before Robinson's looping shot in the 25th minute was saved by McDonald.

Adam Cunnington headed goalwards but McDonald easily gathered and a minute later the keeper was back in action when he stuck his leg out to block a low shot by Billy Bricknell.

Into the second half, and the first chance of the period fell to the hosts. A cross from the left was met by Cunnington but the forward could not get good enough contract with his diving header.

Harry Ottaway scored the third goal of the game and the visitors second when he ball ended up at his feet and he fired it home.

Billericay managed to level the game once again in the 73rd minute with a stunning over-head kick by Jamie O'Hara from the edge of the area which beat the airborne McDonald.

But the hosts joy was shortlived, within two minutes, Town had re-taken the lead.

Ricky Gabriel attacked down the left but his cross appeared to be too long but Ottaway reacted the quickest and played in a low ball to second half substitute Dernell Wynter to fire home.

As Billericay pressed for another equaliser, the away side were happy to sit back and defend, launching occasional counter-attacks.

In stoppage time, Enfield killed the game off with a fourth goal as Samir Bihmoutine galloped down the left and centred to Billy Crook who fired past the home side sides keeper.

Elsewhere, Enfield Under-18s also had a successful season as they won their respective league and are in a two leg play-off final against League Two side Luton Town.

The two sides drew 2-2 in the first leg and will play them once again at the QES Stadium on Wednesday, April 26.

Billericay Town: Julian, Eyong, Sprague (Taafe 46), Konchesky, Swaine, Ellul, Lawrence, Johnson, Bricknell (O’Hara 46), Cunnington (Assombalonga 62), Robinson. Unused subs: Fitzsimons, Krasniqi. 

Enfield Town: McDonald, Muleba, Gabriel, Joseph,  Kirby, Shulton, Campbell, Crook, Percy Kiangebeni (Wynter 46),  Ottaway ( Devyne 90), Oliyide (Bihmoutine 78), Unused subs: Livings, Williams.