Enfield Town manager George Borg says he "won’t be panicking" after the Towners picked up their first point at the third attempt in a 1-1 draw at Bury Town on Saturday.

A 5-2 opening-day loss against Kingstonian was followed by a 2-0 reverse at Harrow Borough last Tuesday before Borg’s side got their season up-and-running with a hard-fought 1-1 draw at Bury Town on Saturday.

"I always believe the first ten games determine where you will be at the end of the season. So until we get to ten games, I won’t be panicking," said Borg.

"I think I’ve done the best I can for my budget; we might end up a bit short on numbers but I wanted quality rather than quantity and we seem to be getting injuries every game at the moment."

Borg was less-than-impressed with the officiating of referee Jonathan Block, who he felt did not protect his players against a physical Bury side.

He explained: "The second half they got a little bit more physical, which is very annoying when the referee doesn’t stamp it out.

"The referee was very young and naive and was reluctant to give them a second yellow when they had already been booked.

"Good players are not getting protected and sooner or later, I’m going to lose my rag," added Borg.

Corey Whitely got Enfield’s goal after 11 minutes, his third in as many appearances for the Towners this term, before Bury debutant Steve Holder snatched a point for the hosts with six minutes remaining.

Reflecting on the draw, Borg said: "It was a really good performance. In the first half we should have been two or three up.

"It was a superb goal from Corey Whitely and in the second half we had a couple of chances we never took and then, with six minutes to, they launch a nothing ball over the top, which falls to them and they score.

"We worked very hard and battled very hard but when your luck it out, your luck is out."

The Towners return to action this evening with a visit from newly-promoted VCD Athletic, who are winless in their opening three matches and sit bottom of the Ryman Premier League.