Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting ENFIELD NEWS to 80360, or email us
Woman rescued from house fire caused by cigarette
A woman was rescued from a house fire in Southgate in the early hours of this morning.
The woman, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service for treatment.
It is believed the blaze in the loft of the three-storey property in Morton Way was caused by the careless disposal of a cigarette.
Fifteen firefighters were called to the scene at 03.35am and the fire was under control by 04.11am.
Jon Thornton of Tottenham fire station said: “We believe the fire was caused by a cigarette.
"It is very important to dispose of cigarettes safely and carefully, and you should always make sure they are fully extinguished.
"Fortunately in this instance, no one was hurt, but a fire can quickly take hold. Careless disposal costs lives.”