Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting ENFIELD NEWS to 80360, or email us
Detectives open investigation into 'suspicious' Edmonton flat fire
Police are treating an early morning Edmonton flat fire which left a woman needing treatment for smoke inhalation as suspicious.
Firefighters had to rescue a woman from the blaze in the first-floor maisonette in Jeremy’s Green at around 3am yesterday after she became trapped inside.
Officers from Edmonton CID, who are appealing for witnesses, say the cause of the fire is unexplained and are treating it as suspicious.
A neighbour, who did not want to be named, told the Enfield Independent that the fire had been started when rubbish was piled outside the front door to the flat and petrol poured on top, trapping the woman who had just moved into the area inside.
It took more than 20 firefighters one and a half hours to bring the fire under control. No arrests have been made in connection with the incident.