Incense stick caused a fire to damage the top half of a house in Enfield Lock

Enfield Independent: Fire caused by incense stick damages home in Warwick Road, Enfield Lock Fire caused by incense stick damages home in Warwick Road, Enfield Lock

A blaze caused by an incense stick has caused serious damage to a house.

Two men and woman were forced to leave a house in Warwick Road, in Enfield Lock, after the stick set light to clothing.

The fire caused damage to the first floor and the whole of the roof, and a total of 35 firefighters and six fire engines were called to tackle the blaze last night.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Keep clothing, fabric, and hair well away from burning incense sticks, as they have hot embers that can cause fires.

“It is important to check that all candles, tea lights, incense or joss sticks are fully extinguished before you leave the room or go to bed.”

One of the men and the woman were both treated for by London Ambulance service.

The fire brigade were called at 8.14pm and the fire was under control by 9.10pm.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree