Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting ENFIELD NEWS to 80360, or email us
Perfume bottles cause Enfield blaze
A mother and her six children were forced to evacuate their home after perfume bottles caused a fire.
Bright sunlight shining through the bottles at a home in Hydeside Gardens, Lower Edmonton resulted in a blaze which damaged both floors of the house.
The family managed to escape the blaze with no injuries as four fire engines attended the scene at 8.02pm last night and are staying at a neighbour’s house.
The fire comes just a week after a vanity mirror caused a house fire in Enfield while residents were on holiday.
Edmonton fire station watch manager Adam Baker said: "The fire was just around the corner from the fire station so we were there in 30 seconds and managed to stop it spreading to the roof.
"Flames were shooting out of the bedroom window and melted the frame and the rest of the top floor was full of smoke when we arrived.
"The family all managed to get out quickly and they did the right thing by getting out and staying out.
"Try to avoid keeping mirrors and glass on windowsills as the magnification can cause the sun’s rays to focus and set fire to things."
Comments are closed on this article.