Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting ENFIELD NEWS to 80360, or email us
Puppy dies in Lower Edmonton flat fire
A puppy died in a fire that destroyed a flat in Edmonton yesterday evening.
Crews were called to the blaze in All Saints Close, Lower Edmonton, at 9.48pm. Firefighters with breathing apparatus found the puppy in the living room.
No one was injured in the fire but 12 people had to be evacuated from the block of flats before crews arrived.
Watch manager Adam Baker said: “This family has now lost its home and its puppy. It is very fortunate no one was hurt.”
He added the brigade believes the fire was caused by a candle that had been left in a plastic bowl near curtains and a large pile of dry clothes.
It is also believed those living in the flat, who were out at the time of the fire, had neglected to blow the candle out before they left.
Four engines from three fire stations attended the scene with 20 firefighters tackling the blaze, which was under control by 10.42pm.